Servings: 6 to 8 Prep 25 mins Slow Cook 2 hrs to 2 hrs 30 mins on low-heat setting
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12 ounce package cooked chicken apple sausage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 1 red sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 8 - 9 ounce large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion and red pepper to skillet; cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Toss in potatoes. Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; add sausage mixture to cooker.
2. In a large bowl beat together eggs and milk; stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and pour over top of sausage mixture. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until eggs are set and potatoes are cooked through. Remove liner from cooker. Sprinkle egg mixture with remaining cheese; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 325, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 347, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 14, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 6365, vit. C (mg): 27, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 52, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 532, Potassium (mg): 325, calcium (mg): 212, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.