Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 7 mins Bake 375°F 40 mins
- 2 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrots (about 8 small)
- 2 1/2 cups grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Arrange a rack in top third of oven. Grease an 8-inch-square or 2-quart oval baking pan.
2. Cook macaroni as per package directions (about 7 minutes) in a large pot of salted boiling water. Add carrots 1 minute before pasta is finished cooking; drain well in a fine-mesh strainer.
3. While pasta is hot, stir in all but 1/2 cup of the cheddar and the butter. In a bowl, whisk sour cream, milk, eggs, salt, mustard powder and pepper. Fold mixture into pasta.
4. Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar and the Parmesan over the top. Bake at 375 degrees until firm to touch and golden-brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 410, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 155, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 810, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.