Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (such as Spectrum), at room temperature
- 2/3 cup cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (such as King Arthur)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup cup chopped unsalted macadamia nuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat an 81/2 x 41/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat oil, sugar and eggs 3 minutes, until well combined and fluffy. Beat in carrots until just combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together white whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Beat dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined. Stir in coconut and, if desired, macadamia nuts.
3. Transfer mixture to pan, smoothing out the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cool 15 minutes in pan, then turn onto a rack and cool completely. Wrap in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 42, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 151, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.