- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup very finely grated carrot (from one medium carrot 3 oz.)
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple in juice (drained, juices reserved)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 4 - 5 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
Make It For Donuts:
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 donut baking pans with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a second bowl, combine milk, egg and canola oil. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. Add the carrot and pineapple. Fill donut cavities, and bake until the centers spring back when gently pressed, 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire rack to cool completely. For Glaze:
3. In a bowl, whisk together cream cheese and reserved pineapple juice, gradually adding the juice until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled donuts.consistency is reached. Drizzle over cooled donuts.
Make Ahead Tip
- Place donuts in an airtight container, store overnight or up to 3 days. Drizzle glaze over donuts before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 132, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 1306, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 156, Potassium (mg): 76, calcium (mg): 55, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.