Servings: 4 Start to Finish 15 mins Chill Up to 24 hrs
- 4 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 8 teaspoons hummus
- 1 medium carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
1. Using a rolling pin, roll out the sandwich bread to get it as thin as you can.
2. Spread 2 teaspoons of hummus on each slice of bread. Place 2 tablespoons of grated carrots on one end of the bread.
3. Starting at the end with the carrots, roll up the bread tightly like a cinnamon roll. Press the seam to seal. The hummus will act as a glue to hold the sandwich together. If desired, wrap in plastic wrap for up to 24 hours.
4. Slice the rolls into 6 coins and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 150, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 26, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 2552, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 41, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 205, Potassium (mg): 215, calcium (mg): 24, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.