- 4 center-cut slices bacon, chopped
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut up
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron pan over med-high. Add bacon and cook 8 to 10 min. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon and reduce heat to medium. Add onion and season with salt. Cook, stirring often, 12 to 15 min. Add cream cheese and Fontina.
2. Whisk milk with cornstarch. Stir into skillet and bring to a simmer; cook 2 min. Top with bacon and serve warm. Makes 2 3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 32, sat. fat (g): 17, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 640, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.