1. Prepare Spiced Whole-Wheat Pie Dough. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until apples are tender. In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and cold water; add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more; remove from heat and cool.
2. On a lightly floured surface roll one pie disk into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Cut into 9 4x3-inch rectangles by cutting twice lengthwise and twice crosswise. Repeat with remaining pie dough to make 18 rectangles total. Cover and chill until ready to use.
3. In a small bowl stir together the raw sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
4. For each pie, lightly brush the edges of one dough rectangle with egg mixture. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping in the center of the rectangle and sprinkle lightly with salt. Place 1 level tablespoon apple filling lengthwise down the center of the rectangle. Fold rectangle lengthwise in half. Use the tines of a fork to seal the edges. Prick top a few times with the fork. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat for remaining pies. Brush tops of pies with egg mixture and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden. (Tip: Bake 1 sheet of pies while filling the remaining dough rectangles.) (Note: Some of the caramel may come out while baking.) Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack for 30 minutes to serve warm, or cool completely.