Servings: 8 Yield: slideers Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 12 mins Grill 3 mins
- 1 pkg (12 oz) frozen Alexia artisan French rolls
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 teaspoons prepared basil pesto
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 16 thin slices ripe avocado
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, following package directions. Allow to cool.
2. Heat stovetop grill to medium-high. Brush tomato slices with olive oil and grill 2 minutes. Turn and grill 1 additional minute.
3. Split rolls horizontally and spread bottom half of each with 1 tsp pesto. Layer each with 1 tomato slice, 2 basil leaves, 1 mozzarella slice and 2 avocado slices. Top with remaining roll halves.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 256, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 358, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.