Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Grill 1 min to 2 mins
- 4 1/2 inch thick slices whole grain bread (about 6 ounces total)
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. For a charcoal grill, place bread slices on the rack of the grill over medium-hot coals. Place tomatoes in a disposable foil pan. Place on grill next to bread. Cover and grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until bread is toasted and tomatoes are charred, turning bread once and shaking pan with tomatoes occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add bread and tomatoes to grill rack. Grill as above.)
2. Cut bread into 1/2-inch pieces. Slice tomatoes in half. In a large bowl combine bread, tomatoes, cheese, basil, oil, vinegar, and pepper; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 286, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 21, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 17, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 397, Potassium (mg): 154, calcium (mg): 374, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.