1. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 275 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the chopped nuts and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, until the temperature reaches 305 degrees F (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in the extracts and baking soda. Stir in the coconut.
4. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet, spreading out to the edges with a greased wooden spoon or offset spatula. Let cool completely.
5. Loosen from baking sheet and break into 24 pieces. Store airtight at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
6. To give as a gift, arrange in a decorated tin. As a bonus, include a candy thermometer and dual timer. Makes 24 servings.