1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour three 8-inch-round cake pans. Line with waxed paper; butter paper; dust with flour.Cake:
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in brandy or orange juice.
3. Mix flour and baking powder in bowl. Stir into butter mixture. Stir in cranberries, pineapple, raisins and pecans. Divide among prepared pans; smooth tops.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven until brown on top and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in pans on racks 15 minutes. Remove from pan; remove paper; cool on racks.
5. Place 1 cake layer on cake plate. Spread top with one third of icing. Stack with second layer; cover with a third of icing. Top with third layer and remaining icing. Decorate with fresh seasonal fruit, if desired. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately.Cream Cheese Icing:
6. Beat 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature, 3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted, and 2 to 3 tablespoons brandy or orange juice in bowl until smooth. Makes 12 servings.