1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 6 mini angelfood cake pans (4 inches across top) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Drain pineapple slices, reserving juice. Sprinkle each cake pan with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Drop 1 slice in each pan; place on baking sheet.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, allspice in bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in flour mixture, alternating with reserved pineapple juice, in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour. Beat in vanilla.
4. Drain crushed pineapple, gently pressing out juice; reserve juice. Fold pineapple and chopped pecans into batter. Divide equally among pans, generous 1/2 cup batter per pan. Place 6 cherry halves, cut side down, around top of each.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven 20 to 23 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.
6. Bring reserved crushed pineapple juice, 1/4 cup sugar to boil. Cool syrup.
7. Once cakes are baked, cool 3 minutes in pans. Invert and carefully remove pans, gently prying pineapple from bottom, if sticking. Just before serving, drizzle with pineapple syrup. Makes 6 servings.