1. Wrap bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan in aluminum foil to prevent water from water bath seeping into pan. Mix together cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter in small bowl until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of springform pan.Filling:
2. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt in large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla; beat 30 seconds. Pour all but 1/2 cup of filling into prepared pan.
4. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
5. Put the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave oven at 100 percent power for 40 seconds or until melted. Or, gently melt chocolate in small, heavy saucepan over very low heat. Stir melted chocolate into reserved 1/2 cup filling. Spoon in dollops, evenly spaced, over top of filling in springform pan. With the tip of a small knife, swirl chocolate dollops into white batter to marbleize, being careful not to hit bottom crust. Place springform pan in large baking pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into large pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
6. Bake in 325 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until sides are set and center shakes slightly. Remove springform pan from water bath, remove aluminum foil from pan, and place pan on wire rack. Run thin knife around edge of cake. Cool pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
7. To serve, remove side of pan and garnish cheesecake with strawberries. Makes 10 servings.