1. Hull berries. Place 1-1/2 cups berries, sugar, kirsch if using, and vanilla in food processor or blender. Whirl until smooth puree. Scrape into medium-size bowl. Halve remaining berries; stir into puree. Refrigerate.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.Prepare biscuits:
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until texture resembles coarse meal.
4. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Mix buttermilk and egg. Add to well. Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until combined. Divide dough into half. Place half on floured waxed paper; flatten to 8-inch round. Repeat with remaining dough. Slide rounds onto prepared baking sheets, removing waxed paper. Quick-chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
5. On baking sheet, cut each round iinto 8 equal wedges, dipping knife in flour between cuts.
6. Bake biscuits in preheated 425 degree F oven for 12 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted in wedge comes out clean. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.Prepare whipped cream:
7. Combine cream, brown sugar and espresso powder in bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.To assemble:
8. Arrange 8 wedges on serving plate. Using slotted spoon, put half of berries on biscuits. Add a dollop of whipped cream over each wedge. Repeat layering with biscuits, berries and cream. Serve remaining sauce on side. Makes 8 servings.