Servings: 9 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 40 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8 x 2-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In small bowl mix egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
3. Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture to well. Beat with wooden spoon 1 minute until evenly moistened. Spoon into prepared pan. Top with strawberries. Crumb Topping:
4. In small bowl, mix flour and sugar. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over strawberries.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 9 squares. Dust with confectioners sugar. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 9; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 291, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 39, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 191, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.