Fresh ginger imparts a piquant taste to the rich yellow cake. The honey and cream cheese frosting is the crowning touch.
1. Adjust oven rack to top of lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan. Line bottom with parchment or waxed paper; grease paper; flour paper and pan.
2. Beat eggs, egg yolks, 1-1/4 cups milk, ginger and vanilla on medium speed in bowl until blended.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat on low speed 30 seconds.
4. Add to flour mixture remaining 1/4 cup milk, the butter and oil. Beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat 1-1/2 minutes or until blended.
5. Add one-third of egg mixture; beat on medium speed 20 seconds, until blended. Repeat until all egg mixture is used, scraping down sides after each addition. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes clean. Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn out of pan onto rack to cool. Peel off paper. Invert onto another rack.
7. Meanwhile, prepare Honey-Cream Frosting.
8. Place cake on serving platter. Spread Honey-Cream Frosting over sides and top of cake.
1. Beat cream cheese and salt in bowl on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. On low speed, beat in confectioners sugar alternately with honey until frosting is good spreading consistency. Garnish with flowers if desired; remove flowers when ready to cut cake.