1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a nonstick 9-inch springform pan. Wrap pan with foil.
2. Mix crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press over bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
3. Process mint candies in food processor until very fine; you should have about 34 cup.
4. Beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar in large bowl until smooth, 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla, mint flavoring and ground candy. Pour into springform pan. Place in larger pan; fill with warm water.
5. Bake in 325 degree F oven until edge is set and center is slightly wiggly, 60 to 70 minutes. Turn off oven. Prop oven door open slightly. Let cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from water bath; transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
6. To serve, remove side of springform pan. Garnish. Makes 16 servings.