1. Coat 10-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.Prepare batter:
2. Beat butter and sugar in medium-size bowl until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed beat in cream, flour, ground and fresh ginger and salt. Batter will be stiff. Spread into prepared pie plate.Prepare pears and topping:
3. Peel pears; cut each into quarters lengthwise; cut out cores. Slice each pear quarter crosswise in 1/4-inch-thick slices, keeping shape of pear quarter. Using spatula, lift each quarter and arrange in batter, spoke wheel fashion; gently press into batter. Drizzle top with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar. Refrigerate, covered, until time to bake.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Beat cream, ginger and sugar in bowl until stiff peaks form. Serve cake warm, with cream. Makes 8 servings.