Decked out with rose petals, this orange-glazed cake is perfect for Mother's Day or a bridal shower. If you don't have a Bundt pan, bake it in a 10-inch tube pan.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12-cup Bundt pan (10-inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
3. Beat together butter and sugar in second large bowl on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts and rind until combined.
4. On low speed, beat flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with orange juice in 3 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Then beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.Glaze:
6. Beat together confectioners sugar, orange juice and rind in medium-size bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until set.Garnish:
7. Lightly brush rose petals on both sides with egg white. Sprinkle both sides with sugar. Place on wire rack to dry in cool place. Arrange on cake.