1. Rinse and trim strawberries. Chop into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, toss together strawberries, 2 tablespoons rum, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon zest. Let stand at room temperature until serving.
2. In 2-cup measuring cup, whisk water, remaining 1/4 cup rum, corn syrup and remaining zest. Arrange muffins in glass baking dish. Pour orange syrup over muffins. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 10 minutes.
3. Remove dish with muffins from refrigerator and uncover. Invert muffins; re-wrap pan. Refrigerate another 10 to 15 minutes.
4. In medium-size bowl, beat heavy cream with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar until medium peaks form.To serve:
5. Transfer muffins to plates. Spoon remaining syrup from dish over muffins. Top with berry mixture. Serve with whipped cream. Makes 6 servings.