Invite the neighbors over for morning coffee and serve this streusel-topped coffee cake warm from the oven.
1. Heat milk, sugar, shortening and salt in saucepan over medium heat just until shortening is melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. Pour warm water into large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over top; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast. Add cooled milk mixture, eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in remaining flour until dough comes together. Turn out onto floured surface. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth and silky.
3. Place dough in greased bowl; turn to coat. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Punch dough down; press into pan; cover. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until almost doubled.
5. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.Topping:
6. Whisk flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in bowl. Stir in melted butter until crumbly. Crumble topping evenly over dough.
7. Bake in 375 degree oven 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, crumbs are slightly brown and crisp. Cool in pan on rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Cut into 16 squares. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 16 servings.