Keep the ingredients on hand for this off-the-shelf dessert and you'll be prepared for unexpected company. Sour cream enriches the white cake mix while hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur dress up the peach topping.
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Use wrapper from stick of butter to grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a medium-size bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and liqueur. Divide between prepared pans and spread to cover the bottoms. Arrange peach slices over the bottom of the pans; sprinkle with nuts. Set aside.Cake:
3. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, melted butter, sour cream, egg whites, liqueur and 1/2 cup of the reserved peach juice on low for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl.
4. Divide batter between prepared pans, being careful not to move peach slices. Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Let cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes.
5. Run a small knife around the edge of cakes; carefully invert each onto a serving platter and remove pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.