With its pink, green, and white layers, this stacks up to one festive cake for the holidays. Fill and frost the layers with a heavenly whipped cream frosting and add a sprinkle of coconut.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. With cooking spray, coat three 9-1/4 x 5-1/4 x 2-3/4-inch loaf pans. Line with waxed paper.
2. Mix flour, almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until foamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle half the flour mixture over whites; fold in gently. Repeat with remaining flour. Fold in extract.
4. Measure 1-1/4 cups batter into each of 2 separate bowls. Tint 1 light green, other pink. Transfer pink batter into one pan, green batter into second, remaining white into third.
5. Bake in 350 degree oven 12 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed. Invert onto racks; peel off paper. Cool.
6. Heat 1/4 cup cream and gelatin in saucepan; stir to dissolve. Cool.
7. Beat remaining cream and confectioners sugar in bowl until slightly thickened and frothy. Add gelatin mixture. Beat to stiff peaks.
8. Place green layer on platter. Spread with half the jam. Top with 1/2 cup cream mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup coconut. Continue layering with white cake, remaining jam, 1/2 cup cream mixture and 1/4 cup coconut. Top with pink layer. Frost top and sides of cake with cream mixture. Place remaining flake coconut in plastic bag with 1 drop of green food coloring; knead to blend color. Sprinkle cake with tinted coconut. Refrigerate cake 45 minutes or until whipped cream is firm. Makes 10 servings.