1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line miniature muffin tins with festive foil liners.***
2. Combine raisins and brandy in small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Toss together apricots, figs, chocolate bits, hazelnuts and 2 tablespoons of flour mixture in medium-size bowl.
4. Beat together butter and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and orange zest. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Stir in raisins and brandy, and fruit-nut mixture. Fill each lined muffin tin with heaping teaspoon.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cakes from tins; cool on wire racks.Notes:
6. *Apricots and figs may be diced more easily using scissors. **To skin hazelnuts, place 2 cups of hazelnuts on preheated 350 oven; bake for 10 minutes. Let nuts cool. Rub nuts together with clean kitchen towel to remove skins. ***If you do not have miniature muffin tins, place the liners directly on cookie sheets and fill them. They will spread somewhat, but only a tiny bit.