Yield: 12 oversize cupcakes Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 25 mins Cool 5 mins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 2/3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 4 1/2 cups shredded carrots (6 to 7)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
Make It Cupcakes:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour twelve 3-inch oversize muffin-pan cups. Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and allspice in a bowl.
2. Beat sugar, oil, and eggs in second bowl. Stir in carrots, then flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chopped nuts and raisins. Spoon about scant 1/2 cup batter into each muffin cup.
3. Bake in 350 degree F oven 25 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Unmold; cool on rack. Frosting:
4. Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla in bowl until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar until creamy.
5. Spread each cupcake with scant 1/3 cup frosting. Decorate with walnut halves, if desired. Makes 12 oversize cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 757, Fat, total (g): 43, chol. (mg): 89, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 89, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 369, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.