1. Stir together flour and salt in medium-size bowl. With pastry blender, cut in butter and shortening until mixture is crumbly. Drizzle ice water over mixture, tossing with fork, until dough begins to hold together when pressed. Gather dough into ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; press into disk; refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, roll out dough to fit pan: For rectangular 11 x 7-inch pan, roll into 13 x 8-1/2-inch rectangle; for 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom, roll into 11-inch circle. Transfer pastry to pan, discarding wrap, and patching to fit if necessary. Prick crust lightly all over with fork. Line pastry with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights.
4. Bake in 450 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the crust is golden. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.Filling:
5. Meanwhile, beat the heavy cream with the confectioners sugar in medium-size bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in the lemon curd and lemon rind. Spread filling evenly over the bottom of the cooled pastry crust.Fruit:
6. Layer on the kiwi slices, overlapping slightly. Dip grapes into egg white, letting excess drip off. Dip into sugar; place decoratively on top of tart. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.