Rice cereal gives these soft chocolate cookies just the right amount of crunch.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 2 large light-colored baking sheets (not nonstick).
2. Place cake mix, cocoa, water, butter and eggs in large bowl. On low speed, beat until combined, 1 minute. On medium, beat 2 minutes. Add cereal. On low, beat just until combined. Lightly stir in marshmallow topping, leaving mixture marbled. Refrigerate, covered, 15 minutes.
3. Using greased tablespoon, spoon slightly heaping tablespoons of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate remaining dough in between batches.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 13 to 14 minutes, until puffed and set in center. Let cool on baking sheet 1 minute. With metal spatula, carefully remove cookies to rack. Let cool.
5. Clean baking sheets. Butter and flour sheets; repeat with remaining dough. Makes 3 dozen cookies.