1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 10-inch cake pan with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with 10-inch parchment paper circle. Coat paper with cooking spray.
2. In top of double boiler over simmering water, combine chopped chocolates and melt.
3. In saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar and the water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat until all sugar is dissolved. Pour hot syrup into melted chocolate; whisk until well blended. Add butter; whisk until well mixed.
4. In bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and remaining granulated sugar until blended. Using rubber spatula, gently fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared cake pan. Place baking pan large enough to hold cake pan in oven. Place cake pan in larger pan. Fill larger pan with enough water to come 1 inch up side of cake pan.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven until surface is firm when pressed in middle, 40 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; let cool 10 minutes. Invert on rack; remove pan and paper. Let cool. Makes 10-inch cake (12 servings).
6. If desired, place doily on cake. Dust with sugar. Remove doily. Garnish with shavings.