1. Beat butter, egg and sugar in small bowl until combined, 2 minutes. Beat in extracts.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium-size bowl. Beat flour into egg mixture until dough forms.
3. Roll dough out between 2 sheets of waxed paper into 10-inch circle. Remove top sheet. Invert dough into 9-inch springform pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan. Peel off paper. To patch any small holes, push dough together with fingers.
4. Scatter nuts over crust; lightly press nuts into crust. Brush pastry with a small amount of egg white. Discard rest of white. Wrap bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
5. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.Filling:
6. Beat together ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla and lemon rind in medium-size bowl until well combined, about 2 minutes. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in large baking pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into large pan to come halfway up sides of springform.
7. Bake in 325 degree F oven for 1-1/4 hours or until filling is set. If top of filling begins to brown too much, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Remove springform pan from water bath; carefully remove foil from pan. Run knife around edge of cake. Cool pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.Topping:
8. Remove side of pan. Melt jam in small saucepan. Brush around top edge of cake, about 1 inch. Sprinkle border with nuts. Makes 16 servings.