1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line jelly-roll pan with nonstick aluminum foil or regular foil coated with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.Cake:
2. In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In small bowl, stir together espresso powder and water.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until slightly thickened and lemon colored, 5 minutes. Beat in espresso mixture and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture just until mixed. Transfer to pan; spread level.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Loosen edges with spatula. Dust cake with confectioners sugar. Starting from short side, roll up cake with foil, jelly-roll fashion. Place cake, seam side down, on wire rack to cool.Filling:
5. Once cake has cooled, soften ice cream on counter for 15 minutes. In large bowl with mixer on medium, beat ice cream and coffee beans. Refreeze until consistency of cream cheese, about 25 minutes.
6. Unroll cake. Spread semi-firm ice cream over cake, leaving 3/4-inch border along short ends. Roll up cake. Place on rack over jelly-roll pan to catch any drips. Cover with plastic wrap; return to freezer overnight.
7. Remove plastic wrap from cake. Transfer to platter. Spread with topping. Garnish, if desired. Makes 12 servings.