Yield: 8 cupcakes Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 15 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
1. Line eight 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg white, molasses, water, and oil. Stir molasses mixture into flour mixture just until blended. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when pressed lightly in center. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm or cool.
Make Ahead Tip Make ahead tip:
- Bake and cook cupcakes but do not sprinkle with powdered sugar. Pack in an airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw 30 minutes at room temperature before sprinkling with powdered sugar and serving.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 137, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 82, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.