A delicious cinnamon and sugar topping graces the top of these mini coffee cakes to make a popular brunch recipe.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl. Whisk to blend. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until smooth. Add flour mixture alternating with milk until just blended. Stir in vanilla.
3. Divide batter evenly among indents of prepared pan (about 1/4 cup in each).Topping:
4. Combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter. Add flour and rub mixture with hands to make crumb topping. Mixture should clump together and form little balls. Sprinkle topping over batter in the cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon for each.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean; 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.