Servings: 24 Yield: 2 cakes (12 servings each) Prep 20 mins Bake 325°F 1 hr to 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cups candied red and green cherries, chopped
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped citron
- 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Assorted berries and grapes, for garnish
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously coat two 6-cup fluted tube pans or two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine cherries, walnuts, dates, citron, sugar, butter, molasses, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water over mixture; stir until butter is melted. Stir in flour and baking soda until well mixed. Scrape into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
3. Bake in 325 degrees F oven, 1 hour for tube pans, 65 to 70 minutes for loaf pans. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold cakes onto rack. Cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare glaze:
4. Whisk together confectioners sugar, bourbon and butter in small bowl until smooth. Gradually stir in enough hot water to make good drizzling consistency. Cover; set aside.
5. When cake is cooled, drizzle with glaze. Let stand until glaze hardens. Decorate with berries and grapes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 378, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 60, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 216, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.