Dried cranberries lend their sparkling tang to this crumb-topped coffee cake. You can also use dried blueberries or cherries.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.Crumb Topping:
2. In bowl, mix flour, sugar, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Work in butter with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in nuts.Cake:
3. In a small bowl, soften cranberries in boiling water to cover, 10 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
4. In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In clean bowl, beat butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Working in batches, beat in yogurt alternately with flour mixture. Fold in chopped cranberries. Scrape batter into pan. Sprinkle evenly with crumb topping.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until cake is puffed, top is browned and toothpick comes out dry, 60 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove side of pan. Cut into wedges. Serve slightly warm.