1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 15 x 11 x 1-inch pan with cooking spray.Cake:
2. In bowl, on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in almond extract. On low speed, beat in flour just until blended. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Peel, halve and core apples. Thinly slice. Fan slices over top of cake. Brush apples with 1/4 cup of melted jelly.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in cake tests clean, 40 minutes. Let cool.
5. Brush remaining 1/4 cup jelly over cooled cake. Sprinkle with almonds.Whipped Cream:
6. In bowl, beat cream until foamy. Beat in sugar and brandy until soft peaks form. Serve with cake.