Servings: 4 Hands On 25 mins Total Time 45 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetables oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp. salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound beef skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 5 ounce package baby arugula
1. Put a shallow baking pan in the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 Tbs. of the oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper, to taste. When the oven is hot, carefully transfer the potatoes to the baking pan in an even layer. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn and bake 5 minutes more or until browned and tender.
2. Season steak with Cajun seasoning. In a very large skillet heat 1 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes for skirt steak for medium doneness. Remove the steak and let rest.
3. While the pan is still hot, add the arugula. Cook until just wilted. Season with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the steak thinly sliced with the potatoes and greens.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 416, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 32, Monounsaturated fat (g): 12, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 1150, vit. C (mg): 37, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 65, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 483, Potassium (mg): 1157, calcium (mg): 85, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.