Servings: 4 Yield: 2/3 cup rub Prep 20 mins Cook 3 mins to 5 mins Stand 3 mins to 4 mins
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops
1. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, cumin, black pepper, salt and cayenne. Mix well and set aside.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Dry the pork chops with paper towels. Generously coat the rub all over the chops, being sure to dredge the edges as well. The chops should look thoroughly covered. Put the remaining rub in an airtight container and save it for future use.
3. Place the chops on the grill or grill pan and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes each side, or until done (145 degrees F to 160 degrees F); the meat should be barely pink when tested with a sharp knife. Let rest for 3 to 4 minutes and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 279, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 59, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 18, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 14, pro. (g): 21, vit. A (IU): 2572, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 11, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 437, Potassium (mg): 510, calcium (mg): 45, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.