Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Cajun seasoning (such as The Spice Hunter)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces light kielbasa (from a 14 oz pkg, such as Hillshire Farm), sliced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fireroasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (15 oz)
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place onion in bottom of slow cooker. Season chicken with Cajun seasoning, garlic and salt; distribute evenly over onion. Add kielbasa and tomatoes. Combine broth and flour; pour over tomatoes. Scatter bell pepper and celery over top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
4. Add beans. Combine biscuit mix and milk; dollop heaping tablespoonfuls over top and cover again. Cook 1 hour more (on either HIGH or LOW).
5. Spoon into individual bowls and sprinkle with cilantro.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 432, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 156, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 956, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.