Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 11 mins Microwave 5 mins Bake 400°F 10 mins Stand 5 mins
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 ounces Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 ounces plain goat cheese
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Microwave squash and 1/4 cup water in a dish, covered and vented, for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Saute shallots and garlic 2 minutes. Add Swiss chard. Increase heat to high; cook 5 minutes, until water is mostly absorbed. Carefully stir in cubed squash; cook 2 minutes. Pour in eggs. Reduce heat to medium. Dot cheese on top. Cook 2 minutes.
2. Place skillet in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until set. Let rest 5 minutes, then loosen edges with a nonstick spatula. Slice into 4 pieces.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 271, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 324, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 764, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.