Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 butternut squash (2 lbs) seeded, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (5 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) stewed tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 orange sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded taco cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add onions, garlic, squash, green pepper and jalapeno. Combine tomatoes, chili powder, cumin and salt. Pour over squash and peppers.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Add beans and sweet peppers during last 30 minutes.
4. To serve, stir in cilantro. Top with cheese and scallions.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 209, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 977, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.