Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 425°F 30 mins
- 1 large onion, cut in eights
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 butternut squash (2 1/2 lbs), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Toss vegetables with oil, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper. Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
2. Puree vegetables and broth in 2 batches until smooth; transfer to large pot. Bring to a simmer. Stir in brown sugar, nutmeg and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Serve with Sourdough Croutons, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 144, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 26, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 629, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.