Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 35 mins
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) fully cooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 jar (15 1/2 ounces) salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat taco-cheese blend
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. In a large bowl, combine rice, salsa and oregano. In a second bowl, combine refried beans, corn, chile powder and cumin.
2. Coat a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread half of the rice mixture evenly in dish. Layer refried bean mixture and half the cheese over the rice. Scatter spinach over cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture and cheese.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until internal temperature registers 140 degrees F. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 382, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 26, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 61, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 788, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.