Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken (see Note)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Celery and carrot sticks (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat; add chicken and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain excess fat and spoon chicken into slow cooker. Stir in onion, carrots, celery, garlic, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. Add beans during last 30 minutes.
4. Stir in blue cheese, vinegar and salt. Serve with celery and carrot sticks, if using.
5. Note: Sub in lean ground beef, if desired.
6. Note: Add 1/2 cup cooked white rice per serving for an additional 124 calories.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 343, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 145, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 717, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.