Here's another way to enjoy the chocolate and peanut butter combination. Melted chocolate chips serve as a frosting for these peanut butter brownies.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil overhanging on two sides and set aside.
2. Sift flour and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper; set aside.
3. In a medium-size bowl, beat peanut butter, shortening and vanilla together on medium speed for 1 minute. Add brown sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake at 350 degrees F for 28 minutes or until set in center.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips; allow to stand for 5 minutes. Spread melted chips evenly over top with spatula and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on wire rack and cool completely.