Servings: 24 Yield: 24 brownies Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 20 mins
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in saucepan over medium-low heat.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in bowl on high speed until thick, 3 minutes. Fold in chocolate, then flour and nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs attached; do not overbake. Cool in pan on rack. Loosen around edges; invert onto rack. Peel off foil. Invert.
5. Cut into 24 squares. Enjoy as plain brownies, or use to make the following 3 desserts.
Variation Banana Brownie Torte:
Black Forest Brownie Sundae:
- Use 3 brownies for each torte. Beat 1-1/2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in bowl until stiff peaks form. Spread each brownie with 1/4 cup cream. Top each with 3 banana slices (2 bananas total). Stack 3 brownies for each torte. Makes 4 tortes (each makes 2 servings).
- For each of 8 sundaes, top brownie with 1 scoop frozen yogurt; drizzle each with 1/4 cup canned cherry pie filling and topping. Makes 8 sundaes.
- In each of 4 parfait glasses, alternate layers of vanilla pudding (3.4-ounce package instant pudding mix, prepared according to package directions) or flavored yogurt, and 1 crumbled brownie. Makes 4 parfaits.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 208, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 51, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 35, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.