1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin pan with 3-inch cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together the brownie mix, eggs, water or brewed coffee and the vegetable oil in a large bowl until well blended and smooth. Fold in the chocolate pieces until evenly distributed; then spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, dividing evenly among the individual cups.
3. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Remove the brownies from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
4. Slice slightly warm brownies in half horizontally. Remove ice cream from plastic cups; slice in half horizontally.
5. Drizzle butterscotch sauce or chocolate syrup on each of 12 dessert plates. Place bottom layer of brownie on each plate. Layer on half of ice cream cup; cover with top of brownie. Drizzle with more sauce. Sprinkle with nuts; top with cherry.