Servings: 8 Prep 20 mins Total Time 2 hrs 45 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cans evaporated milk (24 oz. total)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 pound dried elbow macaroni
- 1 package (14.4 oz.) frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- Sweet paprika (optional)
1. Lightly coat the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Stir together evaporated milk, milk, and water in its bowl. Sprinkle flour on top and whisk constantly until smooth. Stir in mustard, salt, pepper, 2 cups cheddar, Monterey jack, and Parmesan. Fold in macaroni and broccoli, making sure the macaroni is immersed in liquid.
2. Cover and cook on high until pasta is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, 2 hours. Remove cover and stir mixture until it comes together. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese evenly over top. Cover and cook 15 minutes more. Garnish with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 669, Fat, total (g): 32, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 16, pro. (g): 34, sodium (mg): 753, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.