Servings: 12 Yield: 12 sandwiches Active Time 15 mins Total Time 35 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whole-grain English muffins, split and toasted, for serving
- Store-bought pesto, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 12 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Evenly distribute broccoli and roasted red pepper among the muffin cups. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
2. In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Carefully pour the mixture into each cup. Bake the eggs until puffed and set in the center, about 15 minutes. Let frittatas cool in pan about 5 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to remove the eggs from the cups. (Frittatas can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen in a zip-top bag. Reheat in the microwave on high power for 1 minute per frittata before serving.)
3. To serve, place a frittata on a toasted whole-wheat English muffin with a dollop of storebought pesto, if desired
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 170, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 29, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 15, vit. A (RE): 155, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 51, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 473, Potassium (mg): 217, calcium (mg): 315, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.