1. Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Lay 6 slices bacon in two 8-x 8-inch baking pans, cutting to fit, and bake until crisp, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to cool; chop. Wipe grease from baking pans.
2. Boil 16 oz. rotini pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Two minutes before pasta is done, add 5 cups small broccoli florets. In a blender, mix together 2 cups whole milk, 16 oz. low-fat cottage cheese, 3/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper until smooth.
3. Drain pasta and broccoli, and immediately return to cooking pot. Add milk mixture. Stir in 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Divide between the two 8-x8-inch baking pans; top with bacon and 1/2 cup shredded cheese on each pan and bake until bubbling, 30 minutes. Finish under the broiler to brown, if desired.
4. Serve one pan hot from the oven.Eat It Again!
5. Cool the other pan and wrap in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for up to three days or freeze for up to three months. Reheat at 425 degrees F, covered, straight from the fridge for 30 minutes or from the freezer, about 65 minutes, until warm.Go Vegetarian
6. Nix the bacon and bake as directed. Or for extra punch, stir in chopped sundried tomatoes before baking.