1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. On a lightly floured surface roll out one of the disks of dough to a 12- to 13-inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick.
2. Using a 4- to 5-inch round cutter, cut out 6 circles (make cuts as close together as possible). Repeat with remaining disk of dough to make 12 circles total.
3. Press circles into prepared muffin cups. Prick the bottom of each with a fork; set aside.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; set aside.
5. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sweet pepper. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage slices. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
6. Divide sausage mixture among pastry-lined cups. Slowly pour or spoon egg mixture into cups. Sprinkle cheese on top of each. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed and set. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cups and serve warm.